Thursday, May 19, 2011

anniversary cards

I am still working on finishing up my 'home improvement' project. Have one more room to wash walls in and touch up paint. I've gotten as far as putting up a few pictures in my living room. Looks so nice with everything clean and fresh. I have not had a great deal of time to work in my craft room this week, however I did find time to make anniversary cards for 2 friends in my craft group who have anniversaries this week.

My one friend's favorite flowers are roses, so this was an easy choice for the focal on this card.  I used the colors from CR84FN28 color challenge which was to use yellow, red and neutral (white), and the ODBDSLC60 to use least 2 die shapes, dry embossed background, 1 sentiment. The red and the white cardstock are SU. The white background is embossed with CB scrolled frame folder.The rose is stamped in Momento black ink and colored with Copics, cut out with spellbinders Oval die and matted in red cut with spellbinders lacy oval. I highlighted the flowers and around the oval with chalks. They are popped up with dimensionals. I added some stickles to the flowers and leaves. The sentiment is from SU Teeny Tiny wishes, cut with the SU small oval and small scalloped oval punch. I added some yellow ribbon and the 2 little red heart enbellies.




Here is my second anniversay card for this week. The card base  in Navy is embossed with the SU tulip borders folder,  which I then sanded lightly. The light blue is from my scrap stash. I stamped the daisies with Staz-on black ink, and colored them with Prisma colored pencils,and highlighed them with chalk. I stamped the daisies twice, then cut out one from each stem and popped them up with dimensionals. I cut the center focal with Spellbinders deckled rectangles, embossed them and then sponged some navy chalk around the inside of  the die. they are popped up with dimensionals also. I added some white ribbon and a bow, some stickles to the flowers for glitz and the sentiment is a silver sticker.


Hope you have a great day. It is time to go back to washing walls, and I don't have to feel guilty today about working inside because once again it is cold and drizzly outside.
Blessings to all,  Jackie





4 comments:

  1. Jackie, LOVE the embossing and those BEAUTIFUL yellow roses! PRETTY card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jackie! The yellow roses look AMAZING! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful cards Jackie!! I just love your yellow roses!! So pretty!! Thanks for joining Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card!!! Love the pretty yellow roses!! WOW!!! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete