Friday, May 13, 2011

The end is in sight!

The end IS in sight, of our spring fix up project, that is. The floors and based board trim are all in. Most of the painting is finished, and things are starting to find their homes again. I still have to fill in some nail holes in the baseboard, and wash a couple of walls so I can put curtains back up. But hopefully I will be all done in this next week. I haven't felt guilty this week about not being outside because it's mostly been raining.
I have not done a lot of crafting in the last couple weeks. I did start a couple cards for some challanges, but did not finish them in time to enter. I will post them here today anyway. Maybe next week I can try the challanges again.


    This one was for a challange to make an Easter card on one site, and the colors were pink, green and white on another site. I can't remember what challanges, and can't find my notes on them either. Do you think I need to get my mess organized?  Hmmmmmmmmm, someday I hope.
One of the challanges was for Red, turquoise and white. I colored these red poppies soem time ago with Prisma pencils. Then I could not quite decide what to do with them. This color challange came up, and these poppies worked perfectly. I cut the poppies and layers out with my Spellbinders. The top and bottom of the base were embossed with a cuttlebug border. I also added some stickles to the embossed borders. I love how this turned out.




This card was inspired by a card I saw at Michaels. The card front is from a heavy silver paper that comes in big sheets like posterboard. I embossed this with a Craft Concepts embossing folder, then colore the rose and hearts with a Copic marker. The Happy Birthday is cut out with a Sizzix die on my Cuttlebug.
Hope everyone has a great weekend. I am going to be attending a Stampin' Up techique workshop Saturday. Can't wait to see what she has in store for us.
Blessings to all, Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment