Wednesday, September 28, 2011

CR84FN39 challange

I haven't been posting much lately-busy,busy. I have had time to make a few cards, tho. Today I am entering this card in the Create for Fun color challenge #39-to use orange, yellow and brown.  
I have a number of people with anniversaries this fall, as well as birthdays, so most of my fall cards seem to fall into these 2 catagories.



For the image I used the new SU fall set 'Always Thankful', stamped in Stayz-on Timber Brown. I colored it with Prima colored pencils and oderless mineral spirits. I used a Versamark pen and clear embossing poweder on the can.  I cut the image and mat (SU Crushed Cury)  out with Spellbinders labels 4. I chalked around the image with light blue and around the inside edge of the die with yellow Pebbles chalks-Basics. The DP is a piece of DCWV fall stack that was laying in my box-I used it as it was-didn't cut it again. I'm challenging myself to use unusual pieces and shapes;) The orange layer I embossed with the new CheeryLyn falling leaves embossing plate-love that-so pretty! I added some crochet lace trim (from my sewing stash) to the edge. The sentiment is from Verve stamps, stamped with versarmark and chocolate embossing powder. The little flowers are off of a fall stem, and I used copper brads for the centers. I added a little bit of gold stickles to the wheat heads.
I am also entering this over at Crazy for Challanges #106, which was to do a Halloween or Fall theme card. I'm not much into Halloween, but I love fall!

3 comments:

  1. Great use of the scrap paper, Jackie. The accents and coloring are marvelous. Thanks for playing along at CR84FN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Jackie! The embossed background looks wonderful! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the embossed background on your card and the lovely paper too. A really pretty image and the subtle sparkle is fab! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete