Thursday, September 8, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday

Wow, hard to believe it is already September. Even harder to believe, my second to youngest grandson is already 6. He was so excited, he turned 6 on the first day of 1st grade. (Even tho he said he wanted to go back to kindergarten because they had more toys there!)
I am entering this in the Our Daily Bread Stamps Shining the light challenge 74, which was to use dots or stripes. There are really lots of dots on this ! I really had some fun with this card.
The DP is from a ColorBok Mat stack-Friendly Forest-I bought a while back and just 'un-earthed' when I was organizing. The card base is SU Garden green. I used 2 of the DP for the background, the bottom one had the animals aready on it. I stamped the tree trunk and top (Hampton Arts Clear-Trees) on 2 more of the DPs and cut them out. I free hand cut the 6. The Bunny and frog under the tree are cut from the corners of 2 papers and mounted on foam dots. The ballons (hero Arts Birthday Messages clear) are stamped with SU inks and hand cut. Front 3 are mounted with foam dots. The little bird in the tree is also from the Trees stamp set. I added some googly eyes to some of the critters and stickles to others. I also added stickles to the birds wing, as well as the frog and bunny.

I stamped a number of the sentiments from the Messages set on the inside, as well as a ballon. The 2 trees are a Verve stamp and a Clear Dollar stamp I stamped on the DP and cut out. The hedgehop is part of the red DP. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh how beautiful inside and out. I just love the dots and all the colors. What a great scene!! Thanks for joining the Shining the Light challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs.

    ReplyDelete