Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Puttin on the Ritz

This card was for the Paper Pal Arts Challenge (Puttin' on the Ritz), which I missed by 1/2 hour. It seems when these challenges end at noon, I always miss the deadline.
Anyway, here is the card:

The challenge was Puttin' on the Ritz - which to me meant clean and sophisticated, with a little glimmer. I used an old card  I had received at one time and had cut apart to be reused. The base is some Bazzil cardstock. The next layer I cut from the re-purposed card and rounded opposite corners with a corner rounder. I mounted the focal image on some dark purple Bazzil cardstock. I added some glimmer with a Versamark pen and SU Iridescent Ice embossing powder. I added a border strip cut from the dark purple with a border punch. The sentiment is from SU teeny tiny wishes, stamped with versamark and used amethyst embossing powder and heat set. I added some purple rhinestones to finish it off. It really is quite 'Ritzy'.

No comments:

Post a Comment