Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Card Patterns 148

Wow, we are getting snowed on today! Was supposed to be only 'light snow showers'! but it's been snowing hard all day. Good day to stay inside and stay warm-and create!
This card is for the sketch challenge over at Card Patterns-#148 . Here is the sketch:

Current Sketch

And here is my card:



The DP is is from My Mind's Eye Lost and Found-Madison Avenue 6 x 6 pad. For the focal image I used the new SU Apothecary Art Stamp set and Labels Die set. I stamped the image with Memento Rich Cocoa and colored it with Copic markers,
 then cut it out with the Labels die. I inked around the edge with the green Copic marker. I added  a bit of stardust Stickles to the flowers. I used Spellbinders Parisian Accents dies to cut the accents and border from some pink Bazzil cardstock. The base paper is some Verde Bazzil cardstock. I had first cut the border with the green card and didn't like how that looked so tried the pink. I liked that better, but it still was lacking something. I picked up the little cut outs from the green border and layed them in the openings of the pink border-aha! looked much better. I then added some clear rhinestones to that, and added some of the pink cut outs to the 4 corners. I attached the image panel with foam dimensionals. The butterfly is cut with the EKsuccess butterfly layering punch from some of the MME paper and pink cardstock, glued just in the center, with some clear stones as the body, and attached with a thicker foam square.
The sentiment is from Our Daily Bread Designs Stamps. Please leave comments.

Stamps: SU Apothecary Art, ODBD Mini Tags 2
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Copic Markers: E30, R21, R35, Y19, YG91, YG97, O
Cardstock: Bazzil, My Minds Eye
Accessories: Spellbinders Parisian Accents, EK Success Butterfly Layering Punch, rhinestones, Stickles


1 comment:

  1. Great card, really beautiful, thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week.

    ReplyDelete