Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Pink Daffy's!

Today I have a card I made for the Repeat Impressions DCC229 Designer’s Choice Challenge over at their blog 'The House that Stamps Built'. The challenge this go around was to create a spring card using pastel colors. I absolutly love daffodils, especially the 'non-traditional' colored ones. So I used this set from Stampin' Up 'Abundant Hope', to create my first entry.



I stamped the image on White cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored it with copic markers. I cut it out with Spellbinders classic rectangles, added some pink chalk around it while it was still in the die and then matted it on a frame of pink cut with Spellbinders Fluer de Lis rectangles. I added some SU pearls to the focal image. For the background I used the Cuttlebug embossing folder 'Tiffany' to emboss the white cardstock and mounted it on a mat of pink. I added some pink ribbon and a bow. I stamped the sentiment from the same set with Tsukineko Brillance Pearlescent Ivy ink.  Very Spring-y!



No comments:

Post a Comment