Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring Crocus

Here I am again with another spring flower card. I have 2 crocus just like these blooming outside on the south side of my house, and it's only the middle of March! I really have to plant some new ones out there this fall.
This card I made using the sketch from The Sweet Stop Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Sketch challenge SSS149 . I am still working with the purple and aqua color scheme. So cheerful.

SSS149 





I used the crocus image from Flourishes 'A Year in Flowers 1". Stamped on white cardstock with Memento Black ink and colored with Copic markers. I cut it out with Spellbinders Classic circles. I used Pebbles chalk around the circle while it was still in the die.  I used Scrappyland Spellbinders Fluted Labels and cut it from DCVW white core cardstock for the mat for the flower circle. I distressed the label with a sanding block. All except the white cardstock are DCWV, the DP is from DCWV Summer Dream paper pack. I used the SU Finial Press embossing folder on the back ground piece and sanded it, too. The sentiment is from SU Abundant Hope stamp set, stamped in SU marvelous magenta ink. For the butterflies I used stamps from a Martha Steward set-I no longer have the packaging, so I don't know what the name of the set is. I stamped them in Memento Tuxedo black and colored them with Copic markers. Then I cut them out by hand. I used Versmark ink and clear embossing poweder, layering the embossing powder until I had a thick layer on them. The flower panel is attached with foam dimentionals. I added some Stardust Stickles to the flowers-gotta have the shine!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely card Jackie. That flower image is gorgeous. Love the pretty butterflies too. The textures background is awesome. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo pretty! Love the colors and those gorgeous butterflies! Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your cards are sooooo beautiful

    Nina

    ReplyDelete