Wednesday, July 25, 2012

4U

Hello. It is a beautiful day here in the UP-it's much cooler and rainy!  Welcome relief from the brutal heat and humidity we have been experiencing. We had some pretty good down pours the morning, so things should really start growing again.
Today I have a card for the Sweet Shop Sketch challenge SSS168 over at Sweet n Sassy stamps. I really like this weeks sketch, it was really fun to play with.



I used the poppy image from the Poppy and Greetings Set, stamped it on Beckett Expressions White twice with SU Chocolate Chip ink. I colored it with Copic markers (R20, R43, R35, G24, G94, YG13, E37, C0). I cut the 3 flowers out from one of the images and mounted them with foam dots for dimension. i added some brown flower soft to the centers. I cut the image out with ScrapyLand exclusive Spellbinders Wavy Squares die, then traced around the die on the Bazzil Passionate Pink cardstock and cut it out by hand.

The DPs are: CTMH Dotty for You, Echo Park Sweet Summertime Sunny Spots, and DCWV. I punched a border from white CS with a Martha Stewart scallop border punch.

Now, I had not read the challenge requirements all the way through to begin with, and had completely missed the 'spin'-to have numbers on you project. I had already stamped the sentiment in the lower right hand corner. Luckily I was able to place a little label over it with a number:), and cut it out with Spellbinders Labels 14, and again traced around the die on the pink and cut it out to mat it. The ribbon is Offray Straight n Narrow.



On the inside I stamped the poppy image with TH distress ink-Antique Linen and stamped the sentiment from Flourishes With Gratitude set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
A pretty thank you card for a friend who brought me some pretty 'tree jewelery' when I missed a trip to a garden fair with them because I didn't feel good. 

The sketch:  


2 comments:

  1. Lovely card Jackie. The poppies are so pretty and I love how you stamped them inside over the words. Great way of using a number! Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I like the way you did the inside of your card too. Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week!

    ReplyDelete