Friday, July 20, 2012

Happy B-day to You

Okay, so this was supposed to be for the Clean & Simple Challenge 199 - One Layer Challenge - a sketch challenge (below). Also for the -Less is More Week 76 -Three of anything.




Well, I can't begin to tell you how many times I attempted to stamp this silly card. It got to the point where I was soooooo upset with myself I HAD to conquer it! First off, I had trouble with the first embossing folder I tried-couldn't get the stamps inside the frame, and I really wanted to use a frame! Okay, so, switch frames. Hmmm-Cuttlebug Pinking borders-this one should be easy. Ohhhhh, nooooooo! I tried stamping individually. I tried all three mounted on one stamp block. How can something so simple be sooo hard to do???? I think I stamped this one 5 times. Use your Stamp-a-ma-jig, dummy! Finally I get it pretty close- Sooo, then I go to open the card----------Yup, You guessed it-stamped it upside-down! Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! So I gave up, cut the card apart and layered it on turquoise base 6 x 4.5 card and added some bling. So it is no longer a one layer card-anyway-I am going to link it up so you can see how something supposed to be simple is not always as it seems, at least for this gal! And it still is not stamped exactly evenly! Pretty & cheerful, though.


Cheers!

Ingredients:
Stamps: Birthday Assortment-Stampendous; and I could not identify the flower stamps. They are cling mount, some of the first ones I bought and the packaging is long gone. Anyone know what they are?
Cardstock: SU Tempting Turquoise (?); Wasau Brite White
Ink: Memento Rose Bud, Cantalope, Bahama Blue, Tuxedo Black
Accessories: BAsic Grey Rhinestones, Cuttlebug Pinking Borders Embossing Folder
             

1 comment:

  1. It happens like this sometimes Jackie... the design is great... One Layer Cards often end up as something a little different with me too!
    Thanks
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"
    We'd be really glad if you could remove the Word Verification from your blog, it will make commenting much easier for everyone.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete