Sunday, July 29, 2012

Noble Deer Birthday Card

Busy time again. Was at my daughter's until 1:30 this morning as both she and husband were working, and still was awake at 7am today. So I have a bit of time to post this before heading off to church.

My husband's brother is turning 80 this week and we are having a get together this afternoon in his honor. A lot of out of town company to keep us all busy the past few days, and most likely into this coming week, so I probably won't get much 'play' time. But I did get some time last week to work on this card. I will enter it in the MOJO251 sketch challenge, and also the Deesigner's Choice Challenge DCC718 over at The House that Stamps Built (Repeat Impressions) Blog- a wildlife or outdoors challenge.



Here is my card:








I borrowed this SU (Noble Deer) stamp set from a friend. It's a retired set, and extremely hard to find at a decent price (I've been looking), but I can always borrow it! :) I love the image here. It was really fun coloring it-trying to get that sky and water just right was the biggest challenge. I like how it turned out.

I stamped the image with Memento Black ink on Beckett Expression white cardstock and colored most of  it with Copic markers. I used Pebbles Pastel Shimmer chalks for the sky, and added some white gel pen lines to the water. I cut the image out with Spellbinders Labels 9, then traced around the die on Bazzil cardstock and cut it out for the mat. I stamped the sentiment (CTMH Just A Number) on a white scrap with Memento Rich Cocoa and cut it out with Verve Charming Oval Die set, mounted it with dimensionals and added some altered copper brads. The DP is from my scrap basket, the only one I know for sure is the plaid is from Paper Pizzaz by Hot Off the Press-Masculine pad. 



On the inside I stamped the rest of the CTMH sentiment and the row of pines from the SU set with the Rich Cocoa ink. It looked a little bare so I dug around until I found the larger tree stamp and added it to balance out the design.
Hope you like. Leave some love. 






No comments:

Post a Comment