Thursday, August 30, 2012

Autumn Anniversary card

Happy end of August greetings! Can't believe it's already the end of summer, where did it go. I know I spent a great deal of it inside because it has been so very hot and humid. All I can say is TGF the AC. Even though we only have a window unit, it does keep it pretty comfortable in the house. If it's not always the coolest, it at least takes the humidity out.
One of the gals in my craft group and her hubby will have an anniversary this coming week. My first post today (I have 2 more!) is an autumn themed card I made for them. I will enter this in the Pals Paper Arts sketch challenge #141.

                                
   
The pumpkin image is an Our Daily Bread Designs Stamp and die that I recently bought. This is the first time I have used them. Was fun coloring the pumpkin (Copics), but I didn't do so well using the die this first time-didn't have it quite right and the tendrils didn't cut out right. Sooooo... I fussy cut that pumpkin, cutting off the tendrils, then I stamped the image again on the cream (CTMH) cardstock and colored just the tendrils and around the outer edge of the pumpkin, then sponged some tan chalk (Pebble Earth-tones). I mounted the cut out pumpkin over the other image with foam dots and added some Stickles. I used a peel-off sentiment sticker, and added some orange rhinestones to balance the design.

I finished the inside with a computer made verse, matted it. I added the stamped border for interest.




PPA141 Sketch Challenge










Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs-Pumpkin, SU Full of Blessings (inside border)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Papers: Die Cuts with a View Autumn papers, Recollection CS (rust), CTMH colonial white
Accessories: ODBD pumpkin die, Stickles glitter glue, peel off sentiment stickers, rhinestones




No comments:

Post a Comment