Thursday, October 11, 2012

Falling Leaves

This card could be used for either an autumn birthday card or as a Thanksgiving card. I will enter it in the Pals Paper Arts Challenge #144, to use More Mustard, Cajun Craze and Early Espresso (grafic below).  I will also enter it in "The Craft's Meow' October Sketch challenge (sketch below).



It took me awhile to get this card to come together the way I wanted. The tree is a single clear stamp-I think it's Inkadinkadoo-with leaves.  I colored it with Copics first, then applied Forrest Moss Distress ink with a stipple brush for the ground. I used Memento London fog sponged over a torn piece of paper for the sky. It looks a lot like the sky outside my window this morning!  I tried to figure out how to add some 'fallen' leaves to the pic by stamping them. Didn't work-had to start all over again! So, got to the 'adding fallen leaves' part again-wondered what to do. Then it hit me-use your Autumn Flower Soft! So I added it to the tree and as fallen leaves in the air and on the ground. LOVE IT! I added a couple birds in the air (Sweet 'n Sassy Serene Silhouettes) and cut it out with Spellbinders Labels One and backed it with rust cardstock cut with Spellbinders Fancy Labels 1. For the border strip I cut out ivory CS with a Fiskars border punch, then sponged Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink over it-looks like leather! The background stripe paper is a scrap from an old DCWV Autumn/Christmas pack. The orange strip is from K&Co. I used the sentiment  from Verve 'Autumn Splendor' set, stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa on ivory CS and cut out with Spellbinders Fancy Framed tags 2 and sponged Rusty Hinge Distress ink over it while it was still in the die, mounted it with foam dots and added gold nail-heads.

MustardCajunEspresso                         

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card, Jackie! Your coloring is superb! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great fall card - wonderful color choices! Thanks for playing along with us at The Craft's Meow this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jackie! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing with us over at TCM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful scene! Your details are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, Jackie! Fall is my favorite season, and you've captured it beautifully! Thanks so much for joining us this month at The Craft's Meow sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, this is lovely! Gorgeous use of the colors and those flower soft leaves....happy sigh! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete