Saturday, March 9, 2013

Fab Friday Flowers

A gloomy, gloomy day today, after a few days of nice sunny weather. Warmin' up, though. Mid 30s today. Sap should start soon! Spring ahead tonight, and flowers are just waiting to  poke through the earth. Got a TON of snow to melt before that happens, but it's coming!
My first card today uses the sketch from the Fab Friday Challenge#13.


I had colored these flowers some time ago, and they kept surfacing in the pile on my table, so I finally put them to use. They are stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa on Wausau Brite White and colored with Copic markers. Now, the Wausau papers is really not the best choice for Copics, but it seemed to work okay for this image as it didn't require a whole lot of coloring. I cut it out with the matching die (Sizzix/Hero Arts 'Flowers and Butterflies' stamps/die set).
Sentiment stamped on a scrap of white with Versa Magic Perfect Plumaria, sprinkle with Ultrafine embossing powder and heat set; cut with Spellbinders/JustRite Vintage Labels & Banners
This will be another one for my OWH box.
.
DP: Fresh Prints - Cranberry Stripe
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Flowers and Butterflies'; Verve 'Joyful Blooms'
Inks: Momento Rich Cocoa, Versa Magic Night Sky & Perfect Plumaria
CS: Bazzil, Stampin' Up, and some really cool burgandy linen textured that I don't know what it is but sure wish I did because I love it and am almost out  (whew!)
Accessories: Spellbinders Fancy Tags 2, JustRite Vintage Labels and Banners, SU foam dimensionals, Flower Soft, Recollections rhinestone flourish
















1 comment:

  1. Aren't you ahead of the game working on Mother's Day card already! Lovely image…being in Virginia I always notice dogwood blossom images! Great job coloring them! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete