Sunday, May 19, 2013

True Love Story

Hope all are having a great weekend. It is finally a warm Sunday here. Cloudy and humid, tho. Have to go to my grandaughters' dance recital this afternoon, so this will be a short post.

I have used the sketch from Monday Lunchtime sketch # 263, and over at Operation Write Home Mid Week Throwdown So Sentimental, the challenge is to use a sentiment as your focal point. So here's my take-




The Design papers are from K& Co. Poppy Seed collection. The verse is from Verve's "Love Story" Stamp set, stamped in Memento BAmboo Leaves. The frame image is from Our Daily Bread "Ironworks Borders" stamped in SU Wisteria Wonder on SU Shimmer White cardstock. I added some Basic Grey square bling to the corners. The button and floss are from my old (really old) stash. I made this for my dear friends Kathy and Donny's 40th wedding anniversary, a real milestone in this age.
Leave a comment if you will. Have a beautiful weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, 40 is fabulous! You are not kidding -- don't happen so often anymore. I love your card, I love that you stamped on the shimmery cardstock--I never do that! Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those vibrant colors. You did a wonderful job choosing the perfect inks and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the beautiful card, Jackie! We just love the colors and the sentiment too! You're so talented!!

    ReplyDelete