Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Just a Note........

Happy Summer everyone! We have gone from freezin' cold at last week's Little League game to die-ing of heat and especially humidity this week. Such is life in Upper Michigan. Ya never know, we may need those winter coats again tomorrow.

 PPA161w-frame
   
This card I made for the Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge#161. I know the sketch is square, however I have made my card an A2 size as it will go in the box for Operation Write Home, and that is the size they prefer.
 I have challenged myself to use up as many of those items I had stamped, colored, embossed, etc., as I can. I had stamped and embossed this collage image from Stampin' Up Garden Collage a looooong time ago, and it kept poppin' up, saying "use me, use me". So I finally listened to it and this is the results. I colored the image in a bit with Prisma colored pencils and a gold Sakura Gelly Roll pen. The sentiment is from Flourishes Mix n' Mugs set, and border is from SU Six Sided Sampler, stamped with Versa Magic Ocean Depth ink and clear embossing powder and heat embossed.
DP's Poppy cardstock are from DCWV Citrus Matstack and  the Turqoise was from my scrap basket, but I think it is Stampin' up paper.
I'll be back later today with another post. I just have to find a challenge that it fits!

2 comments:

  1. Really nice card, Jackie! Love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet card! What great paper choices and the bird is wonderful. Thanks for playing at PPA!

    ReplyDelete