Monday, February 17, 2014

Spring Birthday Card

I love tulips. I especially love orange tulips. I hate it that the orange tulips I plant sometimes revert to red or  yellow. At least I think that is what happens-because I don't plant red or yellow tulips, but I often end up with them. So, when I saw  S.U.'s Blessed Easter, I knew it was a stamp I wanted. Couldn't wait to use it.
As it happens, the challenge over at Pals Paper Arts this week is a color challenge-orange, green and white. Or more accurately: Gumball Green, Pumpkin Pie and Whisper  White. The tulip stamp immediately came to mind. And I just happened to have some GG, PP and WW (haha) papers laying on my work table. Coincidence? I think not-it was meant to be. I used the sketch from the Deconstructed Sketch challenge #138, and  I will also enter this in the Creative Knockouts challenge-Spots -n- Dots.


            PPA191_Feb_13 


       

     The DPs are both Stamping Up, as well, but I don't remember the name of the pack(s) (I'm using scraps!).  I stamped the tulips on a piece of white cardstock and colored it with copic markers. The orange mat was cut from PP cardstock with Spellbinders Timeless Rectangles. I cut the image piece down to fit inside the embossed area of the mat and rounded the corners a bit. I couldn't quite fit a banner without covering a flower, so I improvised and just rounded a scrap and put it over the corner. The sentiment is a leftover from another project and I'm not sure what stamp it is. I know it's stamped in G.G. and heat embossed, cut out with S.U. oval punch and mounted on G.G.scalloped oval (S.U. punch). I added a tiny rhinestone to the corner piece and as the dot on the i in b-day. A pretty B-day card for a dear friend. I also stamped the tulip image inside in green (stamped off once first) and on front of the envelope.

      I like how it turned out! Such a needed touch of spring here. We received another 6 inches of snow over the weekend (about 4 feet on the ground now) and the temps have hovered in the single digits to low teens during the day and well below zero at night. We have had 73 consecutive days that the temp has not risen above freezing-32°. A new record. And a large percentage of them have been in the 10° range or below 0°. All I know is I'm thankful for my down coat that goes almost to my ankles! Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

Enjoy the tulips, and it won't be long before the real thing will be popping up. Please leave a comment-I'm always interested in hearing from you all! Stay warm!


1 comment:

  1. The tulips are beautiful and makes me long for Spring! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete