Monday, April 28, 2014

Dragonfly birthday wishes

Second post today! Yeah!
A card using things laying on my work table-again! Someday I will get to the bottom of this pile;)


I stamped this floral stem from the SU Fast and Fabulous set a few weeks ago and kept moving it around from pile to pile. I finally made myself use it and sat there until an idea came. Sometimes lately it takes awhile. I think it's a bit of cabin fever (okay, a lot of cabin fever-after staring at so much white stuff for soooooooooooo long it doesn't inspire any longer). 
Anyway, it is stamped with Momento Tuxedo black and colored with my Copic markers. I also colored the butterfly button (shank removed) with Copics. The background panel is something I did way back last fall, inking the Cuttlebug embossing folder then inserting paper and embossing, leaving the design highlighted. The technique has a name, but I can't remember what it is called. The scrap of desighn paper is from Provocraft and the cardstock is Bazzil. The sentiment is cut from white cardstock with the Top Dog Words die and colored with a Copic marker. I distressed the edges of the panels before I put them together. 

I will enter this in the challenges at:
Creative Knockouts #34-anything goes
Seize the Birthday - anything goes

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the coordinated panels. Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Jackie! I have that stamp also...I love it. Love the way you've colored it!
    Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire that you are conscientiously trying to use up parts that are laying on your craft desk. I periodically try to do that too and it feels so good when I do. Beautiful card. LOVE your dragon fly accent. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of stash. Love the embossing folder technique. Thanks for joining the fun at ATSM. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card and design. Thanks for playing with Creative Knockouts!

    ReplyDelete