Monday, July 14, 2014

Summertime shabbiness!



This missing you card is bright and cheery and will be perfect for a youngster. I will enter this in the Shabby Tea Room Week #227 challenge Fun in the Sun: include at least three colors from the photo and one OR MORE of these items: vellum/acetate, polka dots, ribbon; and the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge #223 - 'Feels like Summer'-anything summer themed or with a bright summery feel to it.


 



I actually started this card for a sketch challenge a couple weeks ago, and didn't get beyond the pretty paper layer. The card base is a ready-made card from a box, but ties in perfectly with these papers. I had gone through my die-cut reject box and found this green piece (Spellbinders Labels 11), but wasn't sure what to put on it. Well, I was going through some stuff in my sewing room, and come across these iron-ons I bought years ago-no idea what the brand is-this cute ice cream cone and some adorable little bunnies. Now, I don't have any little girls to sew for anymore, so decided to re-purpose them into my cards. This ice cream cone just says summer, don't you think? I ironed the cone onto the die cut and mounted it with dimensional foamies. The sentiment is from Sweet 'n' Sassy stamped on CTMH white cardstock with Rose bud ink, punched wiht SU Word Window Punch, mat punched with SU Modern Label punch. Added some sequins from Micheal's for some fun.

If it wasn't so cold and gloomy today, I might have been tempted to have an ice cream cone! Sure is a crazy summer!

2 comments:

  1. So colorful, cheerful and pretty...and I LOVE the use of the sequins!!! Thank you for joining us at "The Shabby Tea Room" for our "Fun In The Sun" challenge!!
    Diane TSTR DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum Yum, that sure does look yummy! Great summer card. Thank you for linking up to our Feels Like Summer challenge @ Fab 'n Funky :)

    ReplyDelete