Saturday, May 2, 2015

Robot Birthday

I do believe Spring has arrived. Most of snow is gone except in the woods-even the huge pile that was in our front yard. I need to get my hummingbird and oriole feeders out today.

I recently attended a weekend craft retreat and my goal was to work on cards for Operation Write Home. This is one of the cards I made. I will enter it in the following challenges: Cute Card Thursday #371 - Use a sentiment; Operation Write Home-Our Daily Bread May challenge - Embossing; Addicted to Stamps - #142 Make Your Mark (color image); Simon Says Stamp - Anything goes; and Cheery Lynn #182- Anything Goes.


I love this Robot image from Close to My Heart set 'Robot Family'. He is so cute! Makes a great kids birthday card. He is stamped on Gina K Pure Luxury White cardstock with Momento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copic Markers. I cut him out with Spellbinders Deckled Long Rectangles, as is the mat. The gears are from Cheery Lynn and cut out of some funky paper my friend gave me-it's sort of thick and very textured. Make great gears. The background mat is embossed with Sizzix Tim Holtz Riveted Metal embossing folder. Words are from Tattered Lace 'Everyday Words' dies. I attached the gears with red brads (probably from Michael's). 


10 comments:

  1. Cute boy card! The gears and robot are perfect! Thanks for joining us this week with Cheery Lynn Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, what a cute guy card and a fun birthday card. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your cute robot, too - thanks for joining us at ATSM this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT!! The embossing folder you used is so perfect. Love the gears. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your robot is quite the charmer with that cute little smile; he'd definitely bring a smile to my nephew's face. The gears along the side are such a sweet added touch. Thank you for sharing your creativity in the ATSM gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cool and fun birthday card! Love your fab Riveted Metal embossing background! Very unique and suitable for the robot ! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very cute! I love that robot! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great embossing and wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your robot and gears on this great card!

    ReplyDelete