Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Coneflowers!

Finally a bit warmer here today. Not that I'm complaining about the cooler weather-I'm not a fan of heat. It's just been so gloomy lately. Sunshine for at least part of the day today-then more rain. Good time to craft, and that's just what I'm going to do. Our craft group is having an 'overnighter' this Friday-Saturday at our church. Not that we sleep over (too old for sleeping on the floor anymore), we all live close enough to just go home when we get tired and return in the morning.

Today's card used the Challenge over at Addicted to stamps challenge #107-Bingo, using the chart below. I'm using the center vertical-Flowers, stamped image, punches/dies. I am also entering this in the Friday Mash-up #214-using the monocromatic theme part of the challenge; the Pink Gem-Challenge #124-Summertime; and the Deep Ocean Challenge #106-Monocrome. Also the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week is anything goes-showcasing Simon Says Products.



Stamped image is from Sweet N' Sassy 'Flowers in Bloom' set, stamped with Momento Black on Gina K Pure Luxury white cardstock, colored with Copics, then die cut with the matching Flowers in bloom die. One of the coneflowers in my garden I thought'd I'd lost to either the rabbits or the deer, but I see it is coming back-darn critters! But I love to see them, too, so I guess as long as they didn't destroy the plant it's all okay;0.
The DP is from  American Crafts-Everyday paper pad. Sentiment from My Favorite Things 'Essential Sentiments' stamped with Versa Color Raspberry on Canson Iced Gold Shimmer cardstock and cut out with Simon Says Stamp's small folded banners. Background mat is SU Strawberry Slush cardstock. Border is the Canson  gold shimmer punched with MS scalloped border punch. I added some tiny CTMH rhinestones to the center of the border flowers. 

Hope you like! Please leave a comment-I love hearing from you all.

4 comments:

  1. I love coneflowers, and this is a particularly pretty image of them, Jackie! I always love seeing a script in the background and your bit of lacey edging is a nice touch, too! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and coloring... love the colors you chose. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Thanks for joining at ATSC: Bingo
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful, elegant card Jackie. Beautiful made you also used a very nice flower stamp. Thanks for joining us at ATSC. Marlies

    ReplyDelete